Posted on May 15 2018
“You can’t do bodybuilding on Keto.....” I’ve heard from so many people and most of not all haven’t tried it. 🥑
When I set out to do a figure show it was
1. To try something new
2. To test it out and either show you could or couldn’t do it on Keto. 🥑
A common belief among bodybuilders is that carbohydrates are essential for building the best physiques. However, carbohydrates have little to do with the success of many bodybuilders. The key to improving body composition is not through little intricacies like eating the right amount of carbs at the right times. The best bodies are built by implementing five simple principles, whether you are on the ketogenic diet or not.
1. Train hard enough
2. Eat enough protein
3. Eat the right amount of calories
4. Take care of your hormones
5. Drink plenty of water 🥑
Conclusion: it WORKED, at least for me it did. This was my first show and with no intention of winning, just to see if I could do it... walked alway with 1st place in both classes entered.
The Five Most Important Bodybuilding Principles
The bodybuilding world is filled with radical concepts, silly supplements, and plenty of bro science, but these things — regardless of how hotly debated they are — may only provide you with a 1 to 2% boost in results.
What you are really looking for is the tried and true bodybuilding principles that are backed by decades of science. The best results come from following the simple principles that will give you 80% of the results for the price of some hard work and discipline, not that $50 supplement that only leads to a 1% boost in performance.
Here are the five principles every bodybuilder must follow:
- Train hard enough. You must give your muscles a stimulus to grow.
- Eat enough protein. You must give your muscles the building blocks they need to grow and your body the energy it needs to function.
- Eat the right amount of calories. Whether you want to cut body fat or increase muscle mass, it is important to eat the right amount of calories. On the ketogenic diet, you will manipulate your calorie consumption by eating more or less fat.
- Take care of your hormones. Resistance training, adequate nutrition, essential fatty acids and proper sleep should be your primary focus to increase your testosterone and HGH. Too much stress will put your body into a catabolic state that breaks down muscle for energy.
- Drink plenty of water. The ketogenic diet and working out both cause significant water loss. If you don’t replenish your fluids, then your performance and recovery will be significantly impaired.